Du, Virgin ink strategic partnership deal
Dubai, November 29, 2011
UAE telecom operator du has joined hands with Virgin Megastore, a leader in retail entertainment, to expand its retail distribution reach, significantly adding new points of purchase for customers.
Called the ‘shop in shop’ concept, du will set up du Shops at several Virgin Megastore outlets throughout the UAE, thereby adding to customer convenience.
The first such du ‘shop in shop’ has opened at Virgin Megastore in Mall of the Emirates, Dubai.
The concept is designed to capitalise on high footfalls at Virgin Megastores and add to the convenience of customers.
Future Virgin Megastore locations for du shop in shop concept are being planned at The Dubai Mall, Burjuman, Deira City Centre, Mirdiff City Centre, Mercato Mall and Abu Dhabi Mall.
The range of du services to be available at these stores includes all mobile-related services (except purchase of bundled handsets) for individuals and businesses.
Nisreen Shocair, president of Virgin Megastore, Mena, said: “This partnership is the meeting of two leading brands and two creative minds. We are both looking for unique and unconventional ways in which we can further service our customers, within the stores and beyond."
"This venture will deliver new ways for our consumers to interact with our product offerings, by capitalizing on the convergence of entertainment and technology, and the growth in retail mobility," he added.
Osman Sultan, CEO, du, said: "We are where our customers are, and it is our intention to be as close to our customers as we can."
"By associating ourselves with a like-minded partner such as Virgin Megastore, a leading retail brand that shares our vision, we are today expanding our retail presence significantly throughout the UAE."
"The shop in shop concept is an extension of our du Shops wherein our customers will be able to access our services, expertly aided with the help of our trained staff," he stated.
"The first du shop in Virgin Megastore, Mall of the Emirates spans an area of 750sq ft and is innovatively designed to reflect du’s new retail theme, including six customer service counters that provide customers with a fast, efficient and friendly experience," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum