Etisalat group makes new appointments
Abu Dhabi, December 7, 2011
Etisalat Group has appointed Ahmed Mohammed Alhosani as its acting CEO in Etisalat Afghanistan and Ahmed Khalfan Al Mutawa as chief financial officer for Etisalat Zantel, Tanzania.
The appointments are in line with Etisalat’s strategy to develop UAE nationals’ skills and provide them with the opportunities to manage international projects, a statement from the company said.
Alhosani joined the company in 1992 and has since been assigned various management positions after progressing through ranks.
He has been serving as deputy CEO of Etisalat Afghanistan since 2010, the statement said.
Mutawa has held a number of roles within the corporation in financial affairs and auditing, since he joined in 2001. Before being promoted to CFO for Etisalat Zantel, he served as vice president for financial affairs at Emirates Data Clearing House (EDCH), part of Etisalat Services Holding.
Abdulaziz Al Sawaleh, group chief human resources officer at Etisalat, said: “Etisalat remains committed towards its Emiratisation strategy and continues to focus on training UAE nationals and developing their talents and skills, while encouraging them to take leading positions both locally and abroad.”
“The company is committed to following approaches that focus on investing in human capital, in order to strengthen its position as one of the key recruiters of qualified personnel in the UAE,” Al Sawaleh concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions