Software integrates Terracotta technology
Dubai, December 14, 2011
Software AG, a leader in business process excellence, said it has successfully integrated a key technology from its subsidiary Terracotta into its product stack in only five months.
Software AG had acquired Terracotta for its leading edge in-memory technology.
The integrated technology offers customers a new clustering solution – Terracotta Server Array – which enables web methods to take full advantage of cloud-based deployment environments, said a company statement.
In addition, Terracotta’s Ehcache caching technology dramatically improves product performance for CentraSite by up to 50 per cent. This release is the first step in ensuring that customers can fully benefit from the convergence of cloud computing, it added.
“We worked quickly to incorporate Terracotta’s technology into our product suite so that our customers could take full advantage of cost savings and performance improvements from cloud and in-memory based solutions,” said Dr Wolfram Jost, the chief technology officer and member of executive board, Software.
“We want to deliver the tools that will help enterprises gain greater control over their business processes in the most scalable manner possible,” he added.
Ari Zilka, the chief technology officer of Terracotta, said the smooth and rapid integration of Terracotta’s technology into the Software product suite is a win-win for users of all our solutions.
“Ehcache’s usage grows while customers enjoy massive scale and performance benefits. From here, we will continue on our mission to deliver high-performance solutions that grow with our customers’ applications, all the way into the cloud,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network