Etisalat, Lloyds in bill payments tie-up
Dubai, December 26, 2011
Etisalat has entered into an alliance with Lloyds TSB, part of one of the world's top banking Groups, to enable Etisalat bill payments through the bank’s branches, powered by the telecom company’s eZeepay service.
The eZeepay service facility will allow customers to check on their outstanding payments, make payments and renew the Wasel service through payment facilities provided by the banks’ branches.
The solution will provide a convenient and alternative payment channel to customers, whilst providing a wider reach and easier accessibility for Lloyds TSB in the Middle East to connect with its customers.
“Not only does this service provide our customers with a more efficient way of paying their Etisalat utility bills, but it also provides us with the opportunity to introduce additional settlement channels through the Ezeepay channel,” said Paul Baker, head of Money Transmission and Account Services from Lloyds TSB in the Middle East.
Abdulla Ebrahim Al Ahmed, senior vice president, Business Solutions at Etisalat, said: “Etisalat’s focus has been on developing customer centric solutions that increase the convenience, coverage and value for the end user.”
“Our collaborative initiatives, alliances and innovative services such as eZeepay, not only offer convenience to our customers, but also reiterate our focus on developing customer centric solutions,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'