Saudi Telecom buys 60pc stake in firm
Dubai, December 28, 2011
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has bought a 60 percent stake in Sale Distribution and Communications for 208 million Saudi riyals ($55 million) to strengthen its sales services.
Riyadh-based Sale is a leading retailer of mobile telephone connections in Saudi Arabia, STC said in a statement it posted on the website of the Saudi bourse.
The operator, which is partly state owned, said it would finance the sale itself. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'