Batelco rolls out hitech fiber network
Manama, January 1, 2012
Batelco, the leading integrated communications provider in Bahrain, has rolled out its next-generation fiber-based access network in selected areas of the Kingdom to ensure the delivery of cutting-edge communications services.
The company said the network will ensure the delivery of advanced Triple Play solutions now and in the future and will play a crucial role in positioning Batelco as a leading telecoms provider in the industry as well as enhancing Bahrain’s status as a major business hub, not only in the region, but also globally.
As part of the Fibre Network project, Batelco has successfully tested broadband speeds of up to 100 Mbps which shall soon be commercially provided to residents of fiber covered areas.
Fiber is highly rated for its delivery of high quality uninterrupted services with high speed connectivity. However, the network is capable of providing much higher bandwidth reaching up to 2.5GB per customer.
The Fibre Network will not only provide substantially higher efficiency as a transport network, but also deliver simplicity and superb scalability for future expansion in supporting additional services, said a Batelco statement.
The state-of-the-art technology is providing telephony and internet capability for residents in selected areas of the Kingdom. Furthermore, residents of major real estate projects including Riffa Views and Reef Island can now enjoy high end IPTV services over Batelco’s Fibre Network, it stated.
Among the many advantages of using fiber is its efficiency and ability in delivering high bandwidth connectivity required to support value added services like IPTV and Video on Demand 3D TV and 3D gaming, which will be available in the future.
The provision of GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Networks) technology, on which the Fiber Network is based, demonstrates Batelco’s position as a provider of cutting edge services for the consumer and business sectors.
Batelco has a proven track record in delivering integrated business communication solutions and one-stop-shop convenience, said a senior official.
“Batelco is focused on ensuring that Bahrain’s residents are amongst the best connected in the region and our commitment in extending the roll out of our fiber network will fulfill that commitment,” remarked Batelco Group general manager (Media Relations) Ahmed Al Janahi.
“We are successfully delivering triple play (voice, broadband and IPTV) in areas such as Riffa Views and Reef Island at the moment and we aim to add a number of new areas during 2012,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services