Bahrain ICT firms set for key expo
Manama, January 2, 2012
A total of 14 Bahraini companies specialising in information and communications technology (ICT) have confirmed their participation for 'Qitcom 2012,' to be held at the Qatar National Convention Centre from March 5 to 7.
One of the largest industry events in the field of ICT in the region, Qitcom 2012 will bring together leaders of the telecommunications sector and information technology in addition to the participation of a group of international experts in the field of information technology.
In order for Bahrain to distinguish itself as one of the Gulf countries that has advanced in the ICT industry, a pavilion has been allocated for these companies to showcase their latest products and services.
"This is an opportunity for co-operation between Bahraini companies in the context of seeking to strengthen efforts to attract investors and to build partnerships and alliances with regional and global companies," said Bahrain ICT Supplier Trade Association chairman Ubaydli Ubaydli.
"We look forward to participating in these forums to promote Bahrain as a regional hub for ICT on the one hand, and introduce investors from across the globe on the investment opportunities, regulations and attractive investment environment in the Kingdom, mainly in the ICT sector," remarked Gulf Future Business chief executive Ahmed Hujairi.
In addition to this, the available opportunities and facilities will be exhibited to investors to help emphasise on advantages and potential investments in the kingdom.
These will help attract foreign investments by discovering the kingdom's competitive and productive abilities in the framework of the Economic Vision 2030.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite