AFS picks GBM system platform
Manama, January 16, 2012
Arab Financial Services (AFS), a leading provider of electronic-payments and consumer-finance outsourcing services, has selected Gulf Business Machines (GBM) to install its key system platform.
As per the deal, GBM will deploy its IBM zEnterprise System Mainframe model z114 to help AFS integrate and centrally manage the company's IT resources.
The deal marks the first deployment of IBM Mainframe model z114 in Bahrain and across the GCC which will be managed by GBM's division in the kingdom, Bahrain Business Machines.
The IBM system forms part of AFS application infrastructure upgrade project, presenting a cost-efficient method of integrating applications that will simultaneously improve customer service.
The platform will enable AFS to enhance electronic payments, records management and customer service processes, enabling higher processing speed and quicker response time.
"AFS has been at the forefront of bringing leading-edge services to the payment card industry for more than 25 years," said AFS chief executive B Chandrasekhar.
"We have maintained our leadership position by continuously improving and upgrading our services. AFS has committed significant investments in upgradations this year. Our decision to invest in the IBM Mainframe z114 was driven by our desire to boost service efficiencies to our partner banks.
"As part of the process we turned to GBM, with its extensive track record in deploying server consolidation solutions around the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite