AFS picks GBM system platform
Manama, January 16, 2012
Arab Financial Services (AFS), a leading provider of electronic-payments and consumer-finance outsourcing services, has selected Gulf Business Machines (GBM) to install its key system platform.
As per the deal, GBM will deploy its IBM zEnterprise System Mainframe model z114 to help AFS integrate and centrally manage the company's IT resources.
The deal marks the first deployment of IBM Mainframe model z114 in Bahrain and across the GCC which will be managed by GBM's division in the kingdom, Bahrain Business Machines.
The IBM system forms part of AFS application infrastructure upgrade project, presenting a cost-efficient method of integrating applications that will simultaneously improve customer service.
The platform will enable AFS to enhance electronic payments, records management and customer service processes, enabling higher processing speed and quicker response time.
"AFS has been at the forefront of bringing leading-edge services to the payment card industry for more than 25 years," said AFS chief executive B Chandrasekhar.
"We have maintained our leadership position by continuously improving and upgrading our services. AFS has committed significant investments in upgradations this year. Our decision to invest in the IBM Mainframe z114 was driven by our desire to boost service efficiencies to our partner banks.
"As part of the process we turned to GBM, with its extensive track record in deploying server consolidation solutions around the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet