Top leaders to speak at graphics event
Dubai, January 19, 2012
Several industry speakers from across the world will speak at the Sign and Graphics Imaging Middle East (SGI) show, an official Dubai Shopping Festival 2012 event, set to take place from January 31 to February 2.
International Expo Consults (IEC) subsidiary of Falak Holding is the main organiser of this event which will showcase the 15th edition of the show this year. It will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre, a statement from the company said.
Dr Nicholas Hellmuth, founder and president of Flaar reports; Rana Raychoudhury, worldwide principal technical consultant for HP large-format production; and Ryan Crist are among the speakers from ITP who will address the audience.
The event will include over 400 exhibitors and more than 10,000 trade visitors from across 30 countries, the statement said.
SGI is one of the most anticipated events of the year in the region for exhibitors and visitors in the signage, outdoor media, screen and digital printing industries.
Hellmuth has spent over 440,000 km flying around the world in 2011 to gather information and documentation about wide-format inkjet printers, inks, substrates, cutters, laminators from R&D laboratories, science labs, and test centers in Europe, USA, China, South Korea and Taiwan.
His presentation will discuss what is new in wide-format inkjet world such as MEMS print heads, MemJet technology, inks that print-on-everything, and eco-friendly materials such as PE technical textiles.
Hellmuth will present two lectures for printshop owners, distributors, manufacturers, students and professors of printing, the statement said.
“Dr Hellmuth will suggest new applications with the printers that you already have, or printers you can buy at SGI 2012 in Dubai. Consumers can print on unique materials such as glass, ceramic tile, so you can win new clients and earn more profit than low-bid competitive billboards on PVC with solvent inks,” said Sharif Rahman, CEO, IEC
On the association with DSF, Mr.Sharif Rahman, stated that, “Trade visitors can immensely benefit on the business and the leisure front by attending both the SGI and the Dubai Shopping Festival at the same time. In the previous editions we had a strong turnout from across the GCC as well as East Africa, the Sub Continent, Europe, and Asia. It will grow further with our association with DSF.”
Dubai Shopping Festival is renowned as a global event that attracts visitors from across the world making Dubai a meeting point for diverse cultures, it said.
It celebrates its seventeenth edition this year with 32 days of intense shopping, entertainment, and chances to win prizes worth millions of dirhams. DSF takes place every winter with its mammoth array of discounts, competitions, prizes, fireworks and entertainment.
Dubai-based conglomerate, Falak Holding has been an industry pioneer for the last 30 years having diversified business interests including real estate development; retail - sports, fashion, home furnishings; exhibitions, medical diagnostics, trading and many more as part of its portfolio. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit