Software AG tech committee success
Dubai, January 26, 2012
The membership of the Technology Community launched by Software AG has reached more than 16,000 members, the global leader in business process management said.
The Community contains over 50,000 posts on various discussion boards. In the last two years, the number of posts made to this knowledge base every day has doubled, and the Community is now accessed more than 14,000 times daily, it added.
The Technology Community aims to provide a database of knowledge and experts for external use, connecting IT professionals via a professional network.
The platform includes all Software AG product areas and gives developers and other IT experts access to the latest articles, code samples, webinars, forums, product videos, and wikis in the technical product environment.
The new search functionality helps in the search for generic keywords across areas, a statement said.
The new Community encompasses all of Software AG’s product areas, including the Adabas, ARIS, CentraSite, Natural, Terracotta, and webMethods product families.
Along with providing opportunities for direct interaction—for example, via the chat function or with the help of ‘friends’—the Technology Community is the online venue for the latest information about product releases, downloads, and newsletters. Posts on the various discussion boards can be shared on other social networks, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
“Software AG’s new Technology Community is a one-stop shop to connect to all Software AG developer assets, channels, and community members,” said the Eaton Corporation’s Brian Johnson, the North American representative of the Software AG User Group Executive Committee.
“It offers many useful tools which enable you to interact with others and find answers that you can't find anywhere else. I encourage everyone to use the Technology Community and contribute your insights to build on this intuitive and dynamic environment.”
Marco Gerazounis, senior VP Mena & Turkey, Software AG, said: “Technical expertise and support are essential to the Middle East’s vision of becoming a genuinely digital society.”
“The Technology Community will provide valuable insights and information on how to best apply Software AG tools and techniques to advance the IT agendas of the region’s public and private sectors. At the same time, it will also be an effective platform for discussing technology issues and trends that are unique to the Arab community.”
“The Technology Community is the single best source of getting the latest updates on our products and tap a huge knowledge base of demos, trial downloads, code examples, and expert know-how,” said Gerd Schneider, vice president of Communities at Software AG.
“It meets the needs of our stakeholders for sharing knowledge and gaining insight to simplify development and problem solving. With the new capabilities, it is now even easier to share information and collaborate on a day-to-day basis,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services