Du honours 190 mothers
Dubai, January 30, 2012
UAE-based telecom company Du has undertaken an initiative to celebrate all mothers within its workforce, presenting more than 190 mothers with a copy of the certificate of appreciation.
The company was inspired by the recent dedication of the sixth accession anniversary to honour mothers by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai.
The certificate, issued by HH Sheikh Mohammed, is a reminder of the vital roles that mothers play not only within du, but in raising the next generation.
It was presented to the employees by Bina Mathews, head of internal communications, at Du.
Hala Badri, executive vice president, brand and communications, du, said: “Mothers are the centre of families and communities; they play a vital role in nurturing societies at large, therefore empowering and supporting working mothers is a priority for us. Women represent 23 percent of total employees at du, a third of which occupy senior posts.”
Du also supports women empowerment programmes such as the Emirates Women Awards, and organises health-related awareness activities relevant to mothers, in addition to many more relevant initiatives. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft
- Axiom scoops retail award
- Sudan shelves telecom profit tax for 3 years
- Comguard, EnGenius to train UAE partners
- 43pc of UAE mobile customers using LBS
- Viva Bahrain wins top award
- Ashtead names new commercial director
- Mobily wins global honours
- Etisalat launches 4G mobile broadband