4G hot topic at Saudi telecom expo
Riyadh, January 31, 2012
Leading global experts discussed several issues related to the regional telecom industry including the 4G LTE network at Telsa, the only dedicated telecoms and ICT exhibition & conference to be held in Saudi Arabia.
The three-day event was held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Riyadh under the patronage of Mohamed Jamil Bin Ahmed Mulla, Minister of Communications and Information Technology.
It was organized by National Exhibitions Company and Informa Saudi Arabia with the objective of presenting a platform that unites the industry in discussion and debate, enabling a powerful industry voice and creating a timely learning and sharing experience for the unique Saudi market.
“Telsa comes at exactly the right time and place since Saudi is one of the most thriving markets in the world,” remarked Hussain Al Harthi, managing director, National Exhibition Company.
“By bringing together top decision-makers from the local, regional and international private and public sectors, the event gives participants an invaluable insight into the future of Saudi telecoms and the ICT segment, and presents an ideal networking environment that paves the way for future investment in a market that holds vast opportunities,” he remarked.
According to him, one of the hottest issues discussed during the summit was the 4G and LTE network, which was launched in the Kingdom last year.
Deep Marwaha, general manager of Informa Saudi Arabia, said: 'The launches are a significant development in the Middle East. As one of the largest markets in the region, Saudi is a barometer for technological trends in the Middle East.'
'The launch of three LTE networks in the country will increase the uptake of high-speed mobile broadband services across the region,' he added.
Khalid Bin Omar Al Kaf, managing director and CEO of Mobily, said, 'Today the telecoms and IT sectors are considered one of the fastest growing due to the competitive nature between telecommunication developers and providers offering the latest technologies and trends in services and devices.'
On the conference, Al Kaf said, 'Telsa will provide a platform for all participating companies to discuss the future of the telecommunication sector in the region, exploring new long term and short term growth opportunities and drawing valuable conclusions from case studies.
The major participants at Telsa included the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (Official Supporter), Mobily (Official Telecom Partner), Ericsson (Platinum Sponsor), Comptel, (Silver Sponsor), LCC (Silver Sponsor) and Integrated Telecom (Silver Sponsor).-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services