Du unveils special GCC roaming rates
Dubai, February 8, 2012
Du, the integrated telecom service provider in the UAE, said it has launched special mobile roaming rates for the GCC region starting at 90 fils per minute.
Explaining the powerful proposition for du customers roaming in the GCC, Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, du, said: “Our customers visiting any country in the GCC have a choice in roaming propositions – which truly makes them stand out.'
'Depending on their needs and preferences, they can either decide to go in for our Passport which offers an ultra low calling rate of 90 fils a minute or opt for the unified One World One Rate, which is now the norm across the GCC,' he explained.
According to him, the best roaming deal in the GCC is still the best for du mobile customers.
'That’s because du customers have the choice of opting for either Passport or One World One Rate (GCC) offer, he stated.
'While travelling in the GCC all customer can call back home or within the GCC at only 90 fils per minute using Passport,' Faraidooni explained.
'Those who opt for One World One Rate need to pay Dh1 per minute for calls made to any number of the visited country in the GCC and Dh2.4 per minute for voice calls to the UAE or other GCC countries,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch