Orascom in talks with France Tel over Mobinil
Cairo, February 12, 2012
Orascom Telecom Media and Technology said on Sunday it is in talks with France Telecom over the future of their Egyptian joint venture Mobinil.
The Egyptian firm said a decision was expected to come after a Feb. 13 meeting between the companies.
France Telecom is the biggest shareholder in Mobinil and the second biggest is the family of Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris, who has a put option to sell his holding in Mobinil to the French company.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year