Qtel to take part in Barcelona congress
Doha, February 27, 2012
Qtel Group will take centre stage at the largest-ever GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week, celebrating how mobile communications help improve its customers’ lives across its core markets in Asia and the Mena region.
In particular, the group will draw attention to services with associated community benefits, such as mHealth, personalised alerts and information related to exercise and diet; mMoney; and mWomen, life enhancing services targeting women; already launched in some of its key markets.
Dr Nasser Marafih, CEO, Qtel Group, said: “Last year, we witnessed the incredible role mobile technology can play in delivering real change – from the social transformations across the Arab world to the empowerment of women in remote communities.”
A leading innovation on display will be the work of Tunisiana with Edupartage.com, a social educational network, which launched an American-English training service via mobile phones in Tunisia.
“This service, which uses multiple choice questions to teach the “Najja7ni” (Help me pass!) school service for students and company executives, is just one example of how Qtel Group companies are making a real difference in their customer’s lives,” Marafih said.
The Mobile World Congress, organised by the GSMA Association, brings together 1,400 companies and over 60,000 mobile professionals from 182 countries each year.
Taking place in Barcelona from February 27 to March 1, the GSMA Mobile World Congress will this year focus on the key theme of “Redefining Mobile.”
The Qtel Group pavilion in Zone 3 has been designed to provide an insight into the full Qtel Group experience, and an overview of its global plans, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services