Nawras signs $149m loan refinancing
Muscat, March 5, 2012
Nawras, the Omani Qatari Telecom Company, has signed a new funding deal worth $149 million with five-year tenure.
The consortium for the refinancing facility consists of Bank Muscat, DBS Bank., Qatar National Bank (Doha and Muscat), and The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.
The new facility consists of a term loan of $87 million and revolving credit facility of RO24 ($62.33 million).
The company used this opportunity to refinance the whole of its existing facility from a project financing to a corporate financing structure based on its strong balance sheet and operating results, a statement said.
The deal will allow the company to refinance its existing indebtedness on more flexible terms and facilitates future investments.
Jorgen Latte, chief financial officer, Nawras, said: “The commitment from Nawras’ core banks is pleasing. With its clear vision and strategy, Nawras attracts many banks who want to participate and support our strategic targets. The strong commitment of the international banks in this new facility also reflects the strength and trust of the Omani economy and Nawras as one of its key flagship companies.”
He added: “The new facility which drew great interest from many banks further improves Nawras’s conservative debt profile; enhances our financial flexibility and lowers our funding cost. We appreciate the continued support of our core relationship banks who work with us on a variety of exciting projects as we continue to delight our customers in Oman.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services