Huawei, IBM to develop ‘mobile’ solution
Dubai, March 7, 2012
Huawei is in a strategic alliance with IBM Global Business Services to develop an innovative solution for the enterprise mobility market, the Smart Workspace@Mobile solution, which will provide clients with a more secure, intelligent mobile solution.
“We believe this collaboration builds on the strengths of two great companies and will address the changing needs of the workforce within enterprises," said Wan Biao, CEO of Huawei Devices.
"Today, enterprise mobile office will not only need automation but also need to drive new service channels and enhance asset & logistics management in order to offer customers additional business-oriented services. The launch of this new Smart Workspace@Mobile solution will redefine a new era for the enterprise mobility market," he said.
The solution addresses the growing demand for smart mobile office solutions which integrate effectively with enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), and inventory management delivered within a cloud environment.
It aims to provide an “anytime, anywhere” professional and secure office environment on smart devices, which will be integrated with tailored industry applications, a statement from the company said.
“With their strength in smart device technologies and the expanding operator (broadband) coverage in China, Huawei's collaboration with IBM Global Business Services to provide consulting and enterprise platform integration will ensure that work moves securely and efficiently from a PC-base to a mobile office environment,” said Shirley Yu-Tsui, general manager, Global Business Services, IBM Greater China Group.
The solution will integrate entire cross-business processes including market sales, channel management, store management, mobile sales, customer service, devise management, inventory management and office management all in one device.
It will support three industries in particular - consumer goods sector with solutions developed for inventory optimisation, synchronised distribution and shop management, the statement said.
The energy sector services will be developed to enable asset management, secure access, equipment testing and remote positioning. In the retail sector, the Smart Workspace@Mobile solution will provide applications to accelerate product exhibition, store operation, market information collection, customer management, channel visit and office automation.
IBM Global Business Services in China will provide the overall consulting to support the enterprise foundations for ERP systems, it said.
Huawei Device will undertake the solution integrator pilot providing the convergent smart devices based on the operating platform - mobile device management (MDM). This will ensure that companies can have their back-end management systems extend to smart phone and tablet devices tailored to a specifically customised industry process. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion