Etisalat warns customers on scam calls
Abu Dhabi, March 7, 2012
UAE-based Etisalat has announced a formal alert to its customers to beware unsolicited suspicious calls, in the wake of increasing scam calls and spam incidences.
The telecommunications company has learned that some fraudsters posing to be Etisalat employees are calling its customers in an attempt to defraud them, said a statement.
These pranksters are asking customers to either transfer credit, or share their PIN number or provide personal information, to claim a huge cash prize, the statement from Etisalat said.
Jaber Al Janahi, vice president of corporate communications for Etisalat said that customers should remain cautious and pay attention to such bait calls and advised them not to disclose any confidential information like bank account details, PIN or eVoucher /recharge card numbers to unknown callers on the phone, through SMS or email.
“Etisalat would like to clarify and reiterate that no such raffle or lucky draw campaign is currently being run,” he added.
“Etisalat promotions are well advertised in the media and the winners are informed through a standardised process,” Al Janahi concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- LTE leaders to tackle regional challenges in Dubai
- Batelco 'SMS Challenge' back with big cash prizes
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council