New CEO for Zain Saudi Arabia
Riyadh, March 12, 2012
Mobile Telecommunications Company Saudi Arabia (Zain KSA) today appointed Fraser Curley as its chief executive officer.
He takes over from Khalid Al-Omar who retires following a career of over 26 years within Zain Group and the successful completion of his objectives in Saudi Arabia, said a statement.
Khalid Al-Omar became managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of Zain KSA in October 2011, guiding the company through a significant period of transition.
Al-Omar’s specific achievements have included the delivery of improved financial control, streamlining the structure of the company and launching of a range of commercial initiatives, the statement said.
Curley is an experienced executive with over 29 years in the telecommunications industry, 20 years of which have been in mobile cellular markets.
Curley has been pivotal in the successful development of over 15 telecommunication mobile operations in various parts of the world, and has been involved in network investments valued at over $8 billion, the statement said.
Fraser Curley has held senior executive positions within the European telecommunications industry, include Deutsche Telekom’s Detecon group, where he was responsible for all mobile telecommunications.
Curley has also held senior executive positions throughout the Middle East, CIS and other developing markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit