Etisalat unit launches first 3G service in Afghanistan
Dubai, March 19, 2012
Etisalat, a leading telecommunication company, through its Afghanistan unit has launched the first 3G services in the country.
This achievement comes four years after of the launch of Etisalat Afghanistan, said a statement.
The company has customer base of more than 3.5 million active subscribers.
Ahmed Alhosani, Etisalat`s Afghanistan CEO, said: “Today is an auspicious moment in the history of telecommunications in Afghanistan – one that calls for a celebration of a public-private partnership for connecting people and improving lives. We are proud to be the first to launch 3G services in Afghanistan as this shall certainly spur a new era of advanced development in Afghanistan while positively impacting every aspect of people’s lives.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi