Etisalat unit launches first 3G service in Afghanistan
Dubai, March 19, 2012
Etisalat, a leading telecommunication company, through its Afghanistan unit has launched the first 3G services in the country.
This achievement comes four years after of the launch of Etisalat Afghanistan, said a statement.
The company has customer base of more than 3.5 million active subscribers.
Ahmed Alhosani, Etisalat`s Afghanistan CEO, said: “Today is an auspicious moment in the history of telecommunications in Afghanistan – one that calls for a celebration of a public-private partnership for connecting people and improving lives. We are proud to be the first to launch 3G services in Afghanistan as this shall certainly spur a new era of advanced development in Afghanistan while positively impacting every aspect of people’s lives.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft