Siemon announces big seminars in ME
Dubai, March 24, 2012
IT Infrastructure specialist Siemon will host a series of seminars in May in the Middle East and Africa with focus on data centre architecture and efficiency, convergence and next generation infrastructure and future-ready cable sharing design.
The series entitled ‘Infrastructure Expert’ has been designed, says Siemon, to update attendees on the hottest topics in the market: 10Gb/s-ready will be a key theme as will data centre design and optimisation, looking towards 40Gb/s.
The latest information on industry standards will be presented and Siemon claims that all the academic and theoretical content will be supported and brought to life by real-world application stories from projects within the region and around the world.
The calendar of dates range from May 6 to 7 in Riyadh and Jeddah, to May 9 in Doha, May 12 in Muscat, followed by May 15 in Nairobi and concluding on May 17 in Johannesburg.
Attendance is free by registered application and places are strictly limited to 100 per venue. Delegates are expected to include industry professionals from data centres, infrastructure, networking and IT, holding CIO, CTO, management and consultant titles.
All sectors will be welcomed and the programme is predicted to have particular interest for those working in government or in the petrochemical, leisure, finance and retail sectors.
The programme runs throughout the morning or afternoon on each date and attendees are invited to join the speakers for a networking meal following each event.
The keynote speaker at ‘Infrastructure Expert’ seminars will be John Siemon, chief technology officer at Siemon.
He has served with distinction on industry standards boards since 1988 and held a number of leadership positions, including four separate chairman positions with the TIA, ISO/IEC and BICSI.
Today John chairs the US Advisory Group on Interconnection and he is a named inventor of over 50 US patents in the field of telecommunications.
Commenting on the seminar series, Siemon said, 'Our aim is to innovate and to educate, sharing our expertise and bringing the latest technology, approaches and application to the audience, illuminating the subjects of most value in a way that facilitates expert understanding.'
“As an example of the content, we will explain why the future-facing world is migrating rapidly towards shielded infrastructure,” he noted.
'We will explore the reasons, highlighting why copper cabling shielded systems feature heavily in the latest and emerging standards – showing why these solutions can deliver the performance and security demanded by today’s and tomorrow’s environments from the data centre to the enterprise.'
'In particular, we will examine misconceptions around the shielded approach, dispelling myths and presenting facts that equip delegates to make informed choices,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch