No third operator for UAE now says TRA
Abu Dhabi, March 29, 2012
The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) does not, at this time, have any intention to license a third operator in the telecommunications market, it said in a statement.
The clarification comes in response to articles which have been circulating in some local newspapers about the matter, it said.
It confirmed that both Etisalat and du are currently meeting the needs of the UAE market.
Commenting on the issue, Majed Al Mesmar, TRA deputy director general, said: “The TRA sees no need to add a new operator to the UAE market at this time; hence it has no immediate intention to do so. What was circulated in a few local newspapers is misleading and does not accurately express the actual statements of the TRA regarding the issue.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department