Batelco donates 120 wheelchairs
Manama, April 4, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, Batelco, has donated 120 wheelchairs to the Ministry of Health, to be distributed throughout MoH hospitals and health centres.
The initiative is a part of its ongoing commitment to healthcare initiatives which forms an integral part of the company’s corporate social responsibility programme, a statement from Batelco said.
Shaikh Mohamed Bin Isa Al Khalifa, Batelco Group CEO; met with the Minister of Health Sadiq Shehabi to discuss plans for the delivery of the wheelchairs. A number of MoH and Batelco officials were also in attendance at the meeting which took place at the Ministry of Health headquarters recently.
Shaikh Mohamed said that wheelchair donation programme is part of Batelco’s commitment to help the Kingdom’s healthcare providers to deliver the very best treatment for patients. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying