Microsoft, iPoint in key distribution deal
Manama, April 5, 2012
Microsoft has entered into a distributorship agreement with iPoint, a major IT reseller, covering its Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and commercial business for Bahrain.
The agreement comes in support of Microsoft's plans to widen its reach in the Bahrain market and increase its presence into the reseller channel.
Under the terms of this partnership, iPoint will be responsible for steering the reseller business, increasing Microsoft OEM product revenue and supporting with the development of the local channel.
Welcoming iPoint into the fold, Microsoft Bahrain and Oman regional country manager Tareq Hijazi said Bahrain continued to be an important market for Microsoft primarily due to its investment in wide scale access to information technology as a key driver for growth and competitiveness.
"We continue to invest in all sectors within the Bahrain economy including the establishment of strong partnerships with local technology partners like iPoint," he said.
"Distributors are a fundamental component of the reseller business and we look forward to iPoint's positive contribution in the local market," he added.
iPoint has been leading the reseller landscape with a strong portfolio of hardware and software distributorship in Bahrain and a proven capability in the retail and consumer market.
iPoint holding company Business International Group managing director Nabeel Almoayyed said they were honoured and excited to have been chosen by Microsoft as their distributor for Bahrain.
"Microsoft symbolises the essence of the dynamic IT software industry and the tremendous growth opportunity that exists," he said.
"Through our efficient and dynamic distribution capacity, Microsoft products will now be made readily available through Bahrain's IT channel and retail companies to end user customers," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion