Schneider Electric wins Barwa City contract
Doha, April 11, 2012
Schneider Electric, global specialists in energy management, has announced that its Gulf LifeSpace division has won a contract to deliver an end-to-end network connectivity solution at the Barwa City project in Doha.
The contract was approved by Qatar Bahrain (QB) Engineering, client representative (Development Management Consultant) Tanween, MEP Consultant AECOM, and the Barwa Group.
Gulf LifeSpace focuses on enhancing the quality of living within buildings and mega-developments, a statement said.
Located approximately 15 minutes from both the airport and city centre, Barwa City will comprise 6,968 apartments in 128 buildings, spread across 1.35 million sq m. When completed, the development will offer unique housing solutions with studios, two and three-bedroom family apartments.
Equipped with first-class modern infrastructure and service apartments, the city will feature centralised air-conditioning and gas networks, district cooling, satellite television, phone connections, and high speed internet Wi-Fi.
A significant player in the end-to-end network connectivity market throughout the GCC, Schneider Electric has demonstrated its expertise in providing end-to-end solutions for both copper and fibre passive equipment at a regular market price.
Working closely with QB Engineering, Schneider Electric will ensure the installation, testing and commissioning of:
• 100,000 nodes for copper (horizontal cabling)
• 800 kilometres of Cat 6 copper cables (horizontal cabling)
• 600 kilometres of fibre cable (back bone cabling)
Pascal Reigner, vice president, LifeSpace business, Schneider Electric, said: “We are delighted about winning the Barwa City project, which marks yet another big breakthrough for us in the LifeSpace business. Excellent teamwork, support and cross-business unit cooperation helped us clinch the high-scale project. More importantly, our involvement in the Barwa City development will allow us to contribute to Qatar’s Vision 2030.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project