Schneider Electric wins Barwa City contract
Doha, April 11, 2012
Schneider Electric, global specialists in energy management, has announced that its Gulf LifeSpace division has won a contract to deliver an end-to-end network connectivity solution at the Barwa City project in Doha.
The contract was approved by Qatar Bahrain (QB) Engineering, client representative (Development Management Consultant) Tanween, MEP Consultant AECOM, and the Barwa Group.
Gulf LifeSpace focuses on enhancing the quality of living within buildings and mega-developments, a statement said.
Located approximately 15 minutes from both the airport and city centre, Barwa City will comprise 6,968 apartments in 128 buildings, spread across 1.35 million sq m. When completed, the development will offer unique housing solutions with studios, two and three-bedroom family apartments.
Equipped with first-class modern infrastructure and service apartments, the city will feature centralised air-conditioning and gas networks, district cooling, satellite television, phone connections, and high speed internet Wi-Fi.
A significant player in the end-to-end network connectivity market throughout the GCC, Schneider Electric has demonstrated its expertise in providing end-to-end solutions for both copper and fibre passive equipment at a regular market price.
Working closely with QB Engineering, Schneider Electric will ensure the installation, testing and commissioning of:
• 100,000 nodes for copper (horizontal cabling)
• 800 kilometres of Cat 6 copper cables (horizontal cabling)
• 600 kilometres of fibre cable (back bone cabling)
Pascal Reigner, vice president, LifeSpace business, Schneider Electric, said: “We are delighted about winning the Barwa City project, which marks yet another big breakthrough for us in the LifeSpace business. Excellent teamwork, support and cross-business unit cooperation helped us clinch the high-scale project. More importantly, our involvement in the Barwa City development will allow us to contribute to Qatar’s Vision 2030.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion