Batelco offers broadband upgrade via SMS
Manama, April 12, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom services provider, has announced a convenient new service allowing customers to upgrade their fixed broadband service via SMS.
All customers have to do is send a simple text SMS to 4554, where the system will then cross check the customers’ circuit number against their CPR and mobile number registered in Batelco’s database.
The service will check the line attainability according to the customer’s upgrade request, provide customer information regarding any line faults, and also provides them with a unique ticket number should they need to follow-up regarding any faults.
Once a request is sent via SMs, customers will receive a reply SMS confirming that their request has been received and will be processed in a time frame of one hour, in an optimal scenario where the line is attainable and there are no faults with the customer’s line, and undergoing the existing terms and conditions.
Customers can upgrade their existing packages to any higher value package, as Batelco offers an excellent range of packages with eight options to choose from starting from its entry level 640kb/BD10 ($26.52) package up to its professional 16MB/BD100 package.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said: “We are delighted to be delivering this new service for our customers. Batelco considers the needs of its customers as its number one priority and listens to their feedback in order to deliver products and services that improve their communication facilities.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project