Batelco offers broadband upgrade via SMS
Manama, April 12, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom services provider, has announced a convenient new service allowing customers to upgrade their fixed broadband service via SMS.
All customers have to do is send a simple text SMS to 4554, where the system will then cross check the customers’ circuit number against their CPR and mobile number registered in Batelco’s database.
The service will check the line attainability according to the customer’s upgrade request, provide customer information regarding any line faults, and also provides them with a unique ticket number should they need to follow-up regarding any faults.
Once a request is sent via SMs, customers will receive a reply SMS confirming that their request has been received and will be processed in a time frame of one hour, in an optimal scenario where the line is attainable and there are no faults with the customer’s line, and undergoing the existing terms and conditions.
Customers can upgrade their existing packages to any higher value package, as Batelco offers an excellent range of packages with eight options to choose from starting from its entry level 640kb/BD10 ($26.52) package up to its professional 16MB/BD100 package.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said: “We are delighted to be delivering this new service for our customers. Batelco considers the needs of its customers as its number one priority and listens to their feedback in order to deliver products and services that improve their communication facilities.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network