Batelco blocks SMS code over misuse
Manama, April 15, 2012
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, has blocked a premium SMS code for sending text messages, which was being used improperly by a TV channel without Batelco's consent, the company said.
Investigations revealed that the SMS code in question is assigned to an external service provider who according to contract terms must obtain Batelco's permission prior to each use of the code.
However, on this occasion the company didn't seek the required permission and provided the codes to the TV channel without Batelco's consent.
The service provider has been asked to take immediate action on the matter, a Batelco statement said.
Batelco reserves all its legal rights under the contract or otherwise in relation to this incident, it said.
A full investigation into the matter will be launched, added the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution