SMS Code blocked over consent breach
Manama, April 15, 2012
Batelco announced that it has immediately blocked a premium SMS Code for sending text messages, which was being used improperly by a TV channel, without the company’s consent.
Following a brief investigation today, it was discovered that the code in question is assigned to an external service provider who as per agreed contract terms must obtain Batelco’s permission prior to each use of the code.
However, on this occasion the company did not seek the required permission and provided the codes to the TV channel without Batelco’s consent, a statement from the telecommunications provider said.
This is a direct infringement of Batelco’s contract with the service provider, which it finds most unacceptable, and accordingly has been in contact with to take immediate action, the statement said.
Batelco reserves all its legal rights under the contract or otherwise in relation to this incident, it said.
The company said it will open a full investigation into the matter and upon the outcome will take the necessary action. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo