Du launches new VSAT service platform
Dubai, April 17, 2012
Du, a leading telecom service provider in the UAE, launched a new Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) services platform based on iDirect evolution technology.
The addition of this new platform to the company’s satellite data services portfolio augments its business offerings.
Under its VSAT offerings, du provides integrated end-to-end solutions for corporate and enterprise customers, delivered over a redundant backbone infrastructure.
Du VSAT offerings include IP VSAT, managed data network services over satellite and satellite integration solutions.
Additionally, du will offer a complete line of high quality and high performance internet, intranet and extranet solutions on VSAT, enabling customers to increase productivity and profitability through IP technology.
“VSAT represents a significant addition to our corporate and enterprise offerings. It provides a solid new base from which remote businesses - such as those in the oil and gas industry – are able to ensure reliable, consistent communications at all times. It will bring further convenience and flexibility to such industries,” said Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, du.
VSAT services provide a transmission and networking connectivity utilising VSAT (earthbound station) and space segment to simulate terrestrial data networks.
These types of services are particularly useful for mobile platforms (marine), areas with no or limited terrestrial connectivity (deep desert), or as an alternative route (business continuity) to traditional telecommunication services. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion