Batelco to carry out modernisation work
Manama, May 2, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, Batelco, will carry out modernisation work starting May 7, as part of the company’s ongoing strategy to enhance its networks and keep them on par with the highest international standards.
The upgrade work, which will deliver major enhancements to Batelco’s voice and ISDN services, may cause some brief disruption to services including voice, ISDN primary and basic service, a statement from Batelco said.
However, measures have been taken to ensure minimal degradation to services while the upgrades take place, the statement said.
Work will take place in the early hours of the morning between 12am and 6am and is expected to affect each area for less than 10 minutes, it said.
The modernisation work is scheduled for May 7 and 13 in Hawar, Jaw, Sakhir, Mahooz, Hamala, Umm Nasan, Borders of Island, Budaiya, Khamees, Saar, Sitra, Waddi, Isa Town, Ma’ameer, Ras Abu Jarjoor, A’Ali, North Isa Town, Awali, West Riffa, Dumistan, Jazaer, Nuzha, Rowdha, Sadad, Riffa, Maqsha, Lawzi, Sanad and BIC.
On May 19 and 23 work will be carried out in Central Manama, Abu Mahir, Bahrain Financial Harbour, City Centre, Diplomatic Area, Hidd, Hoora, Juffair, Manama, Muharraq, Qudabiya, Ras Rumman, Seef, World Trade Centre, Hidd Industrial Area, Shaikh Salman Port, Sanabis and Samaheej, the statement said.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group, said: “We apologise for any inconvenience the upgrade work may cause and appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our customers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services