Kingston launches new USB 3.0 flash drive
Dubai, May 3, 2012
Kingston Digital Europe, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, the independent world leader in memory products, has launched a new flash drive based on the USB 3.0 standard.
The new DataTraveler Elite 3.0 is an economical choice for consumers looking for fast data transfers, enabling users to store and transfer their digital library quickly, a statement said.
“As consumers store and carry more HD video, digital artwork, music and presentations, faster devices are required to keep pace with one’s digital lifestyle,” says Antoine Harb, business development manager, MEA.
“The new DataTraveler Elite with USB 3.0 technology adds to our USB 3.0 family range and is the perfect solution for those who require faster transfer speeds, without breaking the budget.”
In internal testing, DataTraveler Elite 3.0 was approximately two times faster than a standard USB 2.0 Flash drive copying over 22GB worth of data. The testing was done with a single Blu-ray movie, over 10,000 photos and more than 4,000 songs.
The DataTraveler Elite 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities, DataTraveler Elite 3.0 features a sleek, capless and retractable design to protect the USB connector, allowing users to keep the drive with them at all times as it can be easily attached to a key ring or lanyard. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project