Westcon named Blue Coat distributor for Mena
Manama, May 3, 2012
Westcon Middle East, a leading value-add distributor of IT products, has been signed as a distributor for Blue Coat Systems, a leading provider of Web security and WAN optimization solutions, in the Mena region.
As per the agreement, Westcon Middle East will distribute the entire Blue Coat solutions portfolio, including Blue Coat's family of ProxySG Web security appliances, MACH5 wide-area-network (WAN) optimization devices and PacketShaper appliances for network application visibility and control.
Westcon Middle East will offer the Blue Coat solutions through its extensive network of resellers and system integrators in the region.
“Reports of the dramatic rise in cyber crime in the Middle East, which have dominated mainstream media in the past couple months, have made enterprises in the region aware of the importance of a secure network,” said Steve Lockie, managing director, Westcon Group.
“Partnering with Blue Coat perfectly positions our resellers to address these concerns by offering organizations a host of world-class security solutions.”
Blue Coat's 2012 Security Report estimates that in 2012 nearly two-thirds of malware incidents will be launched from existing malware networks (malnets). Search Engines/Portals were the most common entry points used by malnets.
Blue Coat also predicts that a typical business will be exposed to at least 5,000 Web-based threats each month. Blue Coat Web security solutions uniquely provide the intelligence of identifying and tracking malnets and defending against them.
Marc Andrews, senior vice president of Worldwide Field Operations, Blue Coat Systems said, “We are delighted to take on Westcon as our new distributor in the Mena region. We are confident that their deep understanding of the market and their excellent technical expertise will greatly strengthen Blue Coat’s reach throughout region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies