Batelco begins mobile broadband upgrade work
Manama, May 10, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, has started the process of enhancing both upload and download speeds for mobile broadband as part of the company’s strategy to enhance its networks.
The upgrade work which began on May 6, will take place in various areas up until September 8.
This project, which will deliver major enhancements to Batelco’s Mobile Broadband services, may cause some brief disruption to mobile services, the company said. “However, measures have been taken to ensure minimal degradation while the upgrades take place. Work will take place in the early hours of the morning between 12 am and 6 am and affect services from between 30 minutes and up to four hours,” it said.
The Mobile Broadband upgrade works are scheduled for over 70 areas around the kingdom. However, only two to four areas will be affected at any one time to further minimise disruption to customers, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award