Batelco begins mobile broadband upgrade work
Manama, May 10, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, has started the process of enhancing both upload and download speeds for mobile broadband as part of the company’s strategy to enhance its networks.
The upgrade work which began on May 6, will take place in various areas up until September 8.
This project, which will deliver major enhancements to Batelco’s Mobile Broadband services, may cause some brief disruption to mobile services, the company said. “However, measures have been taken to ensure minimal degradation while the upgrades take place. Work will take place in the early hours of the morning between 12 am and 6 am and affect services from between 30 minutes and up to four hours,” it said.
The Mobile Broadband upgrade works are scheduled for over 70 areas around the kingdom. However, only two to four areas will be affected at any one time to further minimise disruption to customers, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet