2,000 attend Batelco motor show
Manama, May 14, 2012
Over 2000 motor enthusiasts, their families and friends attended Batelco’s first motor show, organised by the company’s youth marketing team.
The event took place at the telecommunication company’s headquarters in Hamala.
In line with this year’s F1 theme of ‘Unified’ the event aimed to create a fun event aimed at all members of the community, a statement from Batelco said.
The event’s main features were a motorbike parade from the Bahrain International Circuit to Batelco’s headquarters followed by a car and bike show which attracted a wide range of new and classic cars as well as motorbikes all competing for cash prizes and trophies.
Batelco CEO Rashid Abdulla presented the first place winner with BD100 ($265.9) and a trophy while the runner up received BD50 ($132.9) and a trophy.
As an follow up to the show, a second competition is now taking place via Facebook and Twitter, the statement said. Photos of all the participating cars and motorbikes can be viewed on Batelco’s Facebook and Twitter pages and is open to public vote.
The most popular car and bike will be awarded a cash prize of BD1000 ($2,659.5) each.
The occasion was held free of charge for visitors. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year