Zain, Google launch Q&A service
Manama, May 23, 2012
Zain Bahrain in partnership with Google has launched a new service where customers can post a question on Google Q &A via text and receive answers.
This comes following the success of its SMS chat service which was launched in September 2011, a statement from Zain said.
Fatima Haidar, consumer marketing specialist, Zain Bahrain: “Our new service with Google Q&A promises to take user experience to the next level for our customers.”
Subscribers can post a question on Google Q&A with a text SMS to 94004444 for which they will be charged 30 fils per SMS sent. When the question is answered by a web user, the subscriber will receive an uncharged SMS as answer to the question.
The customer is allowed to receive only five messages after each message sent, the statement said.
A new message will have to be sent for the next set of SMS answers, it said.
“This service development by Zain Bahrain accommodates knowledge building through technology transformation,” Fatima concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m