TRA issues public consultation on regulation
Manama, June 3, 2012
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of Bahrain has recently issued a public consultation on the proposed amendments to the Prepaid Telecommunications Services Registration Regulation.
Members of the public and industry can submit their comments on the new amendments or any existing provisions of the regulation, a statement from TRA said.
These comments will then be taken into consideration in the final regulation. Comments should be submitted by no later than June 14, the statement said.
TRA is amending this regulation with the aim of protecting the interests of public safety and discouraging attempts to exploit telecommunications networks for illicit purposes, it said.
The new amendments to the regulation require prepaid service providers to take certain actions to achieve a clean and accurate subscribers’ database and records. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi