ITS develops payments system for Saudi cbank
Dubai, June 4, 2012
ITS (International Turnkey Systems) Group, a leading software firm, has developed a security system for Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Sama) to manage electronic payments, digital signatures and smart cards.
The security system has been implemented for the Saudi Arabian Riyal Interbank Express (Sarie).
Sama provides the mechanism for all Saudi commercial banks to make and settle payments in Saudi riyals. It provides the basis for improved banking products and services and is the foundation for the payments system strategy of Saudi Arabia.
Due to the increase in banking activities in Saudi Arabia, there was an essential need for a security information system that provided confidentiality and speedy transactions. The system protects the bank’s critical data pertaining to e-payments and e-signatures.
“Once again, ITS has proved that it has the ability to meet the requirements of one of its major clients, Sama, one of the biggest monetary agencies in the region, due to its activities and responsibilities in one of the largest markets,” said Khalid Faraj Al Saeid, ITS managing partner and general manager.
“Solutions provided by ITS to Sama are a model of security measures that any agency like Sama would like to implement, as it carries out millions of banking transactions daily and requires protection and confidentiality,” he added.
ITS provided Sama with a comprehensive solution aimed at protecting more than 35 million remittance transactions, amounting to more than $4 trillion per year. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services