SunGard opens new office in Saudi
Riyadh, June 11, 2012
SunGard Financial Systems, a leading software and technology services company, has announced the opening of its new office in Riyadh as part of its regional expansion strategy.
The launch was announced at the SunGard ‘industry seminar’ held in the Saudi capital on Sunday, where over 70 senior finance industry professionals from across the Middle East region met to discuss the Kingdom’s increasing role in the regional and global economies.
The new office located in the Kingdom Tower in the Olaya commercial district, will help the company work closely with customers in the Kingdom and also support the country's growing importance to both the regional and global finance industries, said a top official.
Speaking at the launch, Wissam Khoury, managing director, SunGard Financial Systems, Middle East, said: “The growing importance of Saudi to both the regional and global economies coupled with its rapidly developing finance industry makes it a driving force in the future growth of the Middle East.'
'SunGard’s increased commitment to Middle East through establishment of Riyadh office will help us work even more closely with our Saudi customers. This investment in Saudi demonstrates our strong confidence in its local financial services industry,” he added.
SunGard, said Khoury, already serves a wide variety of customers in the Middle East, including retail, commercial and investment banks, as well as corporate treasuries.
With annual revenues of $4.5 billion, SunGard is the world’s largest privately held software and services company and is ranked 480 on the influential Fortune 500 list of leading global companies.
SunGard has more than 17,000 employees worldwide and serves approximately 25,000 customers in more than 70 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m