Gemalto launches new identity, access solution
Amsterdam, June 26, 2012
Gemalto, a world leader in digital security, has launched a new identity and access solution specifically designed for law enforcement agencies, justice and security departments and first response teams.
Protiva Defender Suite is a comprehensive portfolio of easy to use, easy to deploy authentication software, digital credentials, secure devices such as ultra secure smart cards, one time passwords (OTP), mobile PKI and related services.
The solution comes in direct response to the growing number of mobile computing devices used by civil servants, and solves their need to have a convenient way to securely access law enforcement central networks.
Protiva Defender Suite also directly addresses the increasing industry regulations mandating strong digital identity verification when accessing secure networks containing citizen information.
The solution is designed for law enforcement and other civil servants who regularly conduct their work out of the office. With a single identity credential, officers can quickly and securely gain access and transfer critical information from anywhere, through any digital media, such as a tablet or customized handheld device.
In addition, they can perform administrative tasks remotely, file paperwork securely, protect email communication, and digitally sign documents reducing physical paper forms with verified electronic versions.
Protiva Defender Suite can also be extended to integrate eCitation solutions that dematerialize and streamline citation issuance for violations and payment processing, resulting in fewer errors and lower costs.
“We have been working with our police, justice and security related customers from around the world to help guide the creation of a simple solution directly designed to defend those who defend us,” said François Lasnier, senior vice president of Online Authentication at Gemalto.
“Their work is demanding and they require high levels of security for remote network access without cumbersome logon procedures. With an extensive portfolio of strong authentication products, Gemalto is uniquely positioned to ensure defenders get the access they need quickly and easily.”
Many municipality police are facing regulatory requirements for secure access to online or cloud-based resources. Protiva Defender Suite provides the necessary multi-factor authentication solutions to meet these regulations and ensure only authorized users are gaining access, a statement said.
In addition, Gemalto offers a wide range of packaged services to ease the deployment and administration of secure credentials.
Protiva Defender Suite is available now, worldwide, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m