CommScope launches new network control tool
Dubai, July 2, 2012
CommScope, a global leader in infrastructure solutions, has launched a new software platform offering IT managers greater ability to gather and monitor critical parameters to maximize their network’s efficiency.
The Systimax imVision Infrastructure Management solution features the new Web-based imVision System Manager 7.0 software platform and the new imVision Controller, offering managers control over their infrastructure with state-of-the-art intelligent management of the physical layer using Systimax iPatch intelligent panels.
Managers also maintain control of the infrastructure by using intelligent panels and shelves managed with the revolutionary color touch-screen imVision Controller and the imVision System Manager 7.0 software.
The imVision solution allows IT staff to view real-time, end-to-end circuit information during moves, adds and changes using a unique visual “trace while you patch” feature.
Technicians and IT managers now have the ability to improve speed and accuracy of connectivity changes to various end devices such as computers and servers, wireless access points, IP phones, IP cameras, network printers, managed switches and PDUs globally from one location.
“Deploying an intelligent infrastructure in a network is becoming commonplace in the industry because managers want to have fast, easy control over certain aspects of the network including security, process efficiency and energy management,” said George Brooks, senior vice president, Enterprise Product Line Management, CommScope.
“As a trusted advisor, CommScope now offers IT managers a complete solution that provides them a live view of their global network that is accurate and easy to maintain while also preparing them for future network demands.”
The new imVision controller delivers functionality providing IT staff with end-to-end network visibility at their fingertips from any rack or cabinet. The Web-based imVision System Manager software also allows managers to view the entire physical network, as well as monitor and control from one centralized location.
The imVision solution improves operational efficiency, ensures tighter security throughout the network, enhances change management, and tracks the real-time location of connected devices.
“What was once an automated patching administration with real-time monitoring and management of physical layer connectivity has become a holistic solution enabling location services that are integrated into the overall fabric of the IT service infrastructure,” Brooks added.
“This vision into the physical layer enables IT professionals to ensure the security of their network with the ability to quickly eliminate blind spots, immediately detect and locate physical layer breaches and constantly monitor all moves or changes within the network.”
The imVision Infrastructure Management Solution plays an integral role as a part of CommScope’s Living Infrastructure approach to helping customers design and deploy solutions for their infrastructures, a statement said.
With imVision, customers can design intelligence into their infrastructure and then deploy and evolve their platform to accommodate future changes, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services