Zain Saudi to start rights issue on Tuesday
Riyadh, July 8, 2012
Zain Saudi, the kingdom's third telecom operator, will start a rights issue on Tuesday which will close eight days later, the firm said in a bourse statement.
'The issuing price will be SR10 ($2.6) without a premium, keeping in mind that the shares offered are 600 million shares,' the statement said.
Last month the issue prospectus stated that Saudi Arabia's Al-Rajhi Bank and Banque Saudi Fransi are among five banks underwriting a SR6 billion ($1.6 billion) rights issue from the indebted telecom operator.
Zain Saudi received regulatory approval in May to cut its share capital to SR4.8 billion from SR14 billion, with the move aimed at eliminating some of its accumulated losses, which stood at 10.1 billion at the end of the first quarter.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department