Awal inks services agreement with DSCA
Jeddah, July 9, 2012
Awal IT Services, a subsidiary of Saudi Telecom Group, recently signed an agreement with Down Syndrome Charitable Association (DSCA), towards providing a range of technical and logistic services to the association.
The agreement was signed by Prof Suzanne bint Salman Al Ghanim, secretary-general of DSCA and Abdul Rahman Obeid, marketing director at Awal.
New studies indicate that the number of children with Down syndrome in Saudi Arabia is currently over 25 thousand, with about 1000 children diagnosed with the Syndrome annually born, and it was also observed that children with Down syndrome usually die at an early age, which calls for raising awareness about this matter.
Awal’s agreement with DSCA forms part of the company’s corporate social responsibility programme and follows its strategy to serve the Saudi community through supporting all activities aimed at reducing the prevalence of this disability and its treatment.
DSCA aims to provide financial aid and Zakat donations for families and finance rehabilitation and health care services and the different needs of these children and their families, in addition to developing and providing training programmes, related info and support services to families of children with Down syndrome.
The association also develops and provides education and rehabilitation programmes for children with Down syndrome addressing their various growth stages, in addition to developing educational material as well as practical training programs for trainers and teachers in the field of Down syndrome and mental deficiency. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services