Qtel unit in $406m Indonesia tower deal
Doha, August 5, 2012
Qatar Telecom unit Indosat has concluded a sale and leaseback agreement worth $406 million with Tower Bersama Infrastructure (TBIG), the Qatari firm said in a statement on Sunday.
The deal, which covers 2,500 towers, will be financed using cash and newly-issued shares worth 5 percent of TBIG's enlarged share capital, the statement said.
Proceeds from the sale will be used to repay outstanding debt and to finance investment and other general corporate purposes at Indosat.
Shareholders of TBIG, as well as bondholders and lenders of Indosat, have assented to the transaction. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project