Zain rejigs management structure
Kuwait, September 2, 2012
Kuwait telecoms operator Zain has changed its management structure, creating the positions of deputy chief executive and chief operating officer, it said on Sunday.
Hisham Akbar has been appointed to these two roles, having previously been acting chief commercial officer, while Jawdat al-Dajani has been named permanent chief commercial officer, Zain said in an emailed statement.
The telecoms firm, which has operations in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Sudan, South Sudan, Bahrain, Jordan and Lebanon, reported a 1 percent rise in second-quarter profit in August.
Zain's shares ended flat on Kuwait's bourse, down 23 percent in 2012. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo