Batelco donates $26,702 to Dar Al Manar Centre
Manama, September 10, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has donated BD10,000 ($26,702.87) to Dar Al Manar Centre, as part of its commitment to support elderly members of the community.
Batelco Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa presented the cheque to Dar Al Manar president Shaikh Daij Bin Khalifa Al Khalifa at a meeting held at Batelco headquarters in Hamala.
Dar Al-Manar Centre offers day-care to more than 124 elderly men and women. The goal of the centre is to concentrate on enhancing the elderly people’s talents through a range of programmes, thus helping them to continue their active participation in the community.
The majority of the elderly men and women who attend the centre daily, are past employees of some of Bahrain’s leading establishments, and are now retired.
Their daily programme consists of handy-craft lessons and the produce is exhibited and sold at various fairs and exhibitions held throughout the year.
Quran lessons are also offered and in addition, tours to see different interesting locations are a regular feature. Dar Al Manar Centre provides the elderly visitors with breakfast and lunch and free transportation from and to their homes.
“As one of the kingdom’s leading organisations, Batelco is committed to reaching out to all residents of the community and lending a helping hand to those who need it most,” said Batelco Group general manager of media relations, Ahmed Al Janahi. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services