Symantec unveils latest Norton products
Dubai, September 12, 2012
Norton by Symantec has released the latest versions of its award-winning core security products - Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, and Norton AntiVirus.
With five patented layers of protection, stronger social networking defenses, anti-scam capabilities, and improved cloud-enabled features, the latest Norton products set new benchmarks for protection and performance, a statement from Symantec said.
In addition, the latest releases are Windows 8 compatible and engineered to make it safer and faster compared with running Windows Defender on Windows 8.
When paired with Norton, Windows 8 is 50 per cent faster and 20 per cent safer than with Windows Defender, according to third-party testing. In addition, testing showed that Norton was able to correctly detect and block all the threats that Windows Defender failed to recognise.
“According to this year’s Norton Cybercrime Report, one in 10 social network users said they’d fallen victim to a scam or fake link on social network platforms. Today, consumers are living nearly every aspect of their lives online and often putting personal information at risk,” said Janice Chaffin, group president, consumer business unit, Symantec.
“With our latest releases, Norton responds to this and other consumer vulnerabilities with stronger social media and scam protection to ensure consumers are safe in the multi-device, Wi-Fi-enabled world.”
The latest Norton products are engineered to be safer, optimised for speed and performance, and simpler to use. In third-party testing, the new products ranked first in both protection and performance among a field of competitors.
The latest versions of Norton 360, Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are now available for purchase in the US through various retailers and the Norton online store at www.norton.com.
The cost of Norton 360 is $89.99 and Norton Internet Security is $79.99. Both provide one year of protection for up to three PCs. The Norton AntiVirus is $39.99, and provides one year of protection for one PC.
In addition, Norton 360 Multi-Device (previously Norton 360 Everywhere) and Norton One will be updated with the features in the latest release of Norton 360. Customers with a valid product subscription are eligible to receive the latest product updates via the subscription service model. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr