Zain Bahrain plans $100m investment
Manama, September 22, 2012
Zain Bahrain, a leading telecom services operator in the Kingdom, plans to invest $100 million over the next two years to further modernise its network infrastructure, said a senior official.
This significant investment will ensure that Zain Bahrain stays at the cutting-edge of technological innovation and will enable Zain Bahrain to adequately service growing customer base and demand," stated projects manager Adham Bardooli.
As part of its modernisation plans, Zain Bahrain has undertaken a crucial program to construct a modern data centre. The company recently contracted leading consultant M/s DTEB, for technical implementation, and Maklai Group, for program management, for this project.
This project will be completed in two phases, said Bardooli. “The first phase will be operational in November 2012 and the second and final phase will be completed by February 2013,” he noted.
Mohammed Zainalabdain, the general manager of Zain Bahrain said the company has consistently delivered on its promise of offering products, services, and technologies that enrich its customers’ lifestyles.
"With the explosive growth of smartphones and tablets, the way communication technology impacts our lives today is unprecedented in history,” remarked Zainalabedin.
He was speaking after signing the deal with Yaqoub Maklai, the managing director of the Maklai Group for the project implementation of the data centre.
"The network upgrade, including continued investments in 4G/LTE, will give Zain Bahrain the technological muscle to add even more products, services, and features to its extensive portfolio and thus ensuring that the Kingdom’s customers continue to have access to world-class services," said Zainalabedin.
"Our objective is to ensure that our network infrastructure keeps pace with our growing customer base," he noted.
Zainalabedin said the latest network upgrade will also include the deployment of 200 new sites to boost its network coverage in the Kingdom and ensuring that "customers continue to enjoy best-in-class customer experience."
“Our investment in the latest technology is a testament to our confidence in the future of the Kingdom and of Zain Bahrain’s role in its technological advancement,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m