Nawras holds device management event
Muscat, October 7, 2012
Oman’s leading telecommunications company, Nawras, recently hosted the first Qtel Group Device Management Forum, which focused on finding the best ways to meet the changing needs of customers.
Empowering people via connected mobile devices is a goal shared by network operators and device manufacturers, a statement from the company said. Among the manufacturers and suppliers who attended the gathering were Samsung, Nokia, Research In Motion, Alcatel and Huawei.
Delegates from Nawras were joined in the Sultanate by their Qtel Group counterparts from Qatar, Kuwait, Tunisia, Algeria, Palestine and Indonesia.
Martin Lyne, Nawras chief marketing officer, said: “Hosting this conference provides us with a great opportunity to share knowledge and discuss industry trends to find the best ways to meet the changing needs of our customers.”
“As we make progress with Turbo charging our network, customers will soon be enjoying a faster and richer experience, and many will be able to choose from the latest 4G LTE enabled devices to take full advantage of the superfast speeds and greatly improved quality of service.”
“By maintaining our competitive edge as communications continue to evolve, we can give customers more options by offering the latest handsets and devices with competitive bundles to suit different usage styles and budgets,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo