Al Hilal signs up for new Etisalat data centre
Dubai, October 14, 2012
Etisalat’s new data centre in Jebel Ali has welcomed its first customer, with leading UAE bank Al Hilal Bank signing an agreement to host their disaster recovery functions at the facility.
The signing with the Abu Dhabi-based Islamic bank confirms Etisalat’s status as a key strategic provider of information and communications technology (ICT) in the region, said a senior official.
Its capabilities have been significantly increased through the Dh400 million ($109 million) data center in Jebel Ali, which is the largest data centre of its type in the Middle East, remarked Abdulla Ebrahim Al Ahmed, the senior VP, business solutions at Etisalat.
The agreement with Al Hilal demonstrates that the biggest companies in the UAE trust and rely on Etisalat to provide their critical ICT services, he stated.
“Al Hilal Bank is one of the fastest emerging banks in the UAE. We are delighted to have them as the launch customer for our brand new data centre,” said Al Ahmed.
“ICT is a major growth area for Etisalat which is demonstrated by our commitment to this new facility in Jebel Ali. Our technical expertise in this field is world-class, and, with the new data centre, we are confirming our market-leading position as a full ICT provider for the business sector,” he added.
Saif Al Dhaheri, the executive VP at Al Hilal Bank, said, "Disaster recovery is a sensitive and critical aspect of Al Hilal's business that helps maintain its corporate integrity, security and confidence. So we had to ensure that the right partner was chosen to handle this crucial function."
"Etisalat is one of the largest companies in the UAE with a long history of successful business relationships and innovative ICT solutions.We are delighted to be the first corporate client to occupy their new data centre, the largest in the Middle East," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- LTE leaders to tackle regional challenges in Dubai
- Batelco 'SMS Challenge' back with big cash prizes
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council