Muna Al Hashimi and Bernadette Baynie (top); Suhaila Alnowakhda
and Nadia Hussain (above)
4 Batelco GMs among top 50 female executives
Manama, October 14, 2012
Four ladies from Batelco’s general management team have been included in CommsMEA’s list of the top 50 female executives of the region.
Three of the seleted ladies hold general management roles at Batelco’s Bahrain operation. They are: General manager consumer division Muna Al Hashimi, human resources general manager Suhaila Alnowakhda and government relations general manager Nadia Hussain.
Batelco Group general counsel Bernadette Baynie was also featured on the top 50 Powerlist, said a statement.
Traditionally, the region’s telecoms industry has been dominated by men, but in recent years there have been increasing signs of a significant shift taking place, as more and more women are promoted into leadership roles at leading telecommunications companies.
“Batelco is proud that a significant percentage of its workforce are ladies, with several of them holding executive roles and leading various critical and complex functions,” it said.
Batelco Group general manager media relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that diversity in experiences, lateral thinking, entrepreneurship, professionalism and articulate communication skills are in abundance across the company’s female executives.
“We are immensely proud that we have a wealth of talented females in our company, and that the number of them in senior roles continues to rise. A significant number of female employees are also being groomed to become Batelco’s future leaders across the company,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite